View Single Post
Old 02-05-18, 05:02 PM   #23
Ichthyos
Seaman

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
Depends on how you use them. What I do, the second the first torpedo hits there's no point in being quiet anymore since everyone knows there's a sub in the area.
actually, that's not true. I have sat right on the edge of a task force after having lured the destroyer screen away and dived underneath them, taken out battleships, and so long as I am just far enough away that they can't see my periscope, and I'm running 1/3 speed, nobody notices me. I have done this repeatedly, and the big capital ships do nothing but run into my torpedoes.

the key is just to lure the destroyer screens away by being VERY noisy on the surface during your long distance approach. they will bum rush you, and just before they reach visual detection range, you crash dive below the thermocline, shut your power to 1/3, and cruise right underneath them using silent running. do that for about 400 yards, then up to periscope depth, and they are running in circles behind you, while you line up your shots on the capital ships.

really, this works every time for me.
Ichthyos is offline   Reply With Quote