Old 01-30-17, 10:46 AM   #58
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
... a base of about 180x240 sqm, though the emerged part will be much smaller (how much depends on where you will put it in game).
If the model's placement is in the Locations.cfg file with "On land = false", its 0 heigth will ALWAYS be at the sea surface. So, this 0 heigth must be at the place we want the sea to be, as on this pic (red arrows) :

Next, I think that the base of your model should have near vertical sides near the bottom (70-80°), to improve the aspect of the stone emerging from the sea bed of the game (brown color on the pic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I have set the base vertices to have a 0 heigth, so that they will always lay on the seabed if you set "place on land" as true.
As stated earlier in this thread, the "place on land" function is not working properly, some LH in the Locations.cfg file are set with this function as "true", but they are half in the ground, or invisible (and NOT UNDER the ground, I mean really invisible ! ... ). This was the case of the LH at the location "Pointe du Raz" (Schnellboat Mod v2). I changed to "false", and the LH re-appeared !

Finally, about the texture, I don't like the green seaweeds everywhere on the stone. I would prefer some small zones of weed, and more green, or no weed at all ...