View Single Post
Old 02-01-10, 10:59 PM   #10
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
If you are looking for a -$100 stick I recommend the Thrustmaster T.1600M. It is one of the only sticks on the market (and BY FAR the cheapest) that has Hall Effect magnetic sensors that give 256x the precision of regular sticks. It has a heavy base, good feel, can be adapted for right or left hand.... the only thing that is poor on it is the throttle slider. It is a NON-FF stick, just so you know. I have not tried the latest generation of FF sticks but the last ones I tried I did not like the feel of.

I went from a Saitek Evo to this stick playing RoF and the difference was night and day. ROF is quite dependent on a good peripheral setup to get the most out of it. Going a bit less on the stick will save money if you want to add pedals... throttle quadrant... TrackIR etc.

You will have to register on the forums as part of their SHV-like DRM Neal, if you have any questions about it feel free to look me up there. I am a moderator under the name Bleddyn.
Very cool, I know moderator in the ROF forum I joined the forum a couple days ago, is there an Introduce yourself thread?

Thanks for the tips, Amazon just confirmed the shipment of ROF. I know about the DRM, learned about it in the SH5 forum. As long as the game plays pretty reliably, I'm fine with that.

I will check out the Thrustmaster T.1600M, this one? Nice, looks like my Sidewinder, I like.

Again, thanks for the tip.