View Single Post
Old 05-23-08, 12:53 PM   #75
John_Doe_16
Seaman

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Concerning the bug...

Hi, first let me introduce myself: Although this is my first post here, I've read the great subsim-boards since the days when Silent Hunter 2 was announced, and played every instalment of the SH series since release... (of course, with many great mods from subsim-members enhancing them greatly :-) And since this problem with the diving angles bothered me since SH3's release, I'm very, very glad you released your fix for it! Great job!

But concerning the bug in the screenshots:

The bug in the screenshot occurs, once you click on the CE, and continues even when you go back to the "normal" view. Once you clicked on him, you get all wrong angles in the control room, and, as I've tested it quite a bit, I'm quite sure the bug could be connected with the camera position when you click on him... (the one when the camera moves a bit closer to him, and he turns around towards the player)...Maybe this position has a few values wrongly set, and causes the whole camera-angles to become "wrong" until you restart?

Other than that, I must say, great work!

(only one minor thing, in my opinion the angles are a bit exagerrated, as when I surfaced, the camera moved so far forward that I clipped through the forward periscope in the type VII control room... Maybe this could be toned down a bit, since the angles overall seem a bit too steep...)

Last edited by John_Doe_16; 05-23-08 at 01:38 PM.
John_Doe_16 is offline   Reply With Quote