View Single Post
Old 12-01-17, 03:12 PM   #87
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 434
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Wellllll.... the menu icons are combinations of "pictures" that are pointed at by the "menu_1024_768.ini" file, which is a very scary part of the game to be noodling with, not only for that particular file, but also for the method of pointing at the pictures. I'm really not "qualified" to comment on doing much in that file, other than maybe causing a CTD... CapnScurvy is our "Resident Expert" on that file, but is very busy right now with further FotRSU updates. Maybe in a few weeks / months one of us will have time to look at GFO and see what you're referring to. That particular "Radar On / Off" button, by the way, is really the "Snorkel Up / Down" button in the Uboats, and was probably displayed differently in stock, hence the difference in GFO.
thanks, pb.
the function of that button is not a deal breaker but i thought it might be a nice-to-have...especially if it was something that i could work on independently.
could i do it....probably. if i have any downtime nearer the christmas holidays i may ping scurvy and ask for a tip or two.
thanks again.

mb

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote