View Single Post
Old 11-16-14, 05:41 AM   #1
Kielhauler1961
中国水兵

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default U-19 Mayday!

Kameraden,

Following a radio contact report U-19 (Type II) has intercepted not one, not two but THREE convoys in grid AN55 on 26th January, 1940.

She has sunk two Empire freighters and two destroyers from one convoy and a third destroyer from the second, so all torpedoes are expended.

Problem: Two very good destroyers and one not quite so hot corvette have now been hunting the boat for over twelve hours and my kaleun is getting a bit desperate. Both destroyers have used all their depth charges but the corvette still has some left but luckily his aim if off. They are in almost constant sonar contact and making repeated dummy runs. There was the sound of gunfire at one point but I have no idea what was going on up there because I don't have the free camera enabled. I've lost track of how many depth charges they have dropped, must be over 150 although the corvette is only dropping one or two at a time.

It's dark, my battery is down to 30 and CO2 level has hit 3. I've tried everything - fast, slow, twisting, going silent - but nothing seems to throw them off for more than a few minutes. I've thought about surfacing and trying to escape that way but there is always one hunter within 500 metres guiding the others in.

Anyone got any ideas?

KH
Kielhauler1961 is offline   Reply With Quote