View Single Post
Old 11-27-18, 07:41 PM   #43
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

On the day when we have all the time in the world and all the manpower in the world, we will not have to prioritize anything, and everything that needs to be done will get done. Until then, I personally believe adding new capabilities to SH3 is a better use of scarce modder time than cleaning up existing mods that work adequately. But that's just my opinion. As I pointed out, I am not modding, and what project any modder chooses to work on is a strictly up to them. I just wanted to lobby for considering an alternative.

My interpretation of "Better is the enemy of good enough." is the one endorsed by Winston Churchill, who had considerable experience in effectively prioritizing limited resources. (AFAIK, it was Churchill who coined that aphorism, or at least popularized it.)

And no, it was not a 704. The 704 used two different instruction formats, but each one was 36 bits long. And the addressing was 36-bit oriented. A hint: It was a mini-computer and the bulk storage device was called DECtape.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote