Thread: [WIP] Lighthouses mod
View Single Post
Old 02-02-17, 09:01 AM   #73
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the late replies guys. Yesterday and the day before yesterday I was on my way to home, and I had hardly the time to read your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Without my computer, I can already answer to this : Yes ! I already tried this issue by colliding the rock with my U-boot. The AI ships are also stuck if they are near the island. So, no need to have a .zon file with collision spheres ! But if you make this model a land unit, then you will have to create a .zon file with plenty of collision spheres, and this will require a lot of time.
Setting the reefs as land units is not strictly needed, especially if we find a way to anchor a terrain object to the seabed. Anyway in my own experience with SH5, even land or sea units can be made collisionable using the staticobject controller rather than collision spheres, just like terrain objects. IIRC the secret is putting the controller not directly on the main unit but on an equipment linked to it through eqp file. Though following the 3D profile of its parent unit, this collisionable equipment (can be a dummy, invisible copy of the reef) should not touch the main model in any point, otherwise some weird things can happen.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote