View Single Post
Old 05-22-19, 08:28 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.amazon.com/Limit-Part-2-...r=8-1-fkmrnull

A monumental novel, slow-paced, but I liked it very much. It seems the English edition comes in two books, which is definitely recommended. As I indicated, the novel is THICK. German original paperback has 1300 pages, small printed. The author also wrote "The Swarm".

If slow story-development is not your thing, avoid this. However, there are quite some furious action elements as well. The SciFi is extrapolation of currently available or close-to-be-coming technology. Compares to a scenario where a concept car suddenly enters mass production (what concept cars usually never do).

---

BTW, The Swarm has finally landed in German film making, and will be turned into a mini-series of 6 or 8 episodes in full movie length, each episode is listed for production costs so high that it will make this project the by far most expensive in German film history. Not by Hollywood standards, but German standards. I think it turns out lucky that the past plans for a blockbuster movie done by Hollywood all crumbled, because the novel is so detail-rich and complex that one movie of 2,5 hours alone never would have had a chance to do its complexity justice. Schätzing writes the screenplays himself. Status of info: January or early February this year I have read about it.