Thread: The Base Bar
View Single Post
Old 06-26-07, 06:19 PM   #58
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

*the door is opened*

-Tally-ho chaps! Give me a beer Tom, I've earned it. No, I won't have any of yer dang scotch, you know I can't stand that stuff! Now then, what are you chaps on about then? IL-2? Battle of Britain? Pfffh! You do yourselves a big favour and listens to what this ol' R.F.C bloke has to tell you, I have a great story from the front, just for you chaps!

I got a routine mission, to patrol behind our own lines. I tried to talk Major Mullen out of it, but he didn't want to hear any of the kind. So what could I do? I started in my ol' S.E 5 Viper together with my two pilots (Algy and a new chap, Perkins). We headed for the targeted area (around the town St. Quentin). Nothing happened on the trip over there and it seemed to be a boring patrol as usual.

But then, out of the sun, a cirkus with at least 10 huns jumped over us! There was Triplanes and at least 3 Albatros D.V, and all I had was a rookie and an old friend on my side, but what could I do? I fought to the bitter end! Or well....I survived, so it wasn't the end, but still! I managed to down 3 jerries and chased away another one with my last bullets. Algy scored at least 1 what I could see. Perkins was shot down over our own lines, don't know what happened to him yet. He's pretty banged up, I'm not sure if he'll make it, let's toast for Perkins lads! I don't know what to say really...and Algy then! One moment he is flying around like a paper-kite, and the next he is diving like a stone with 3 Fokker Dr1. on his soddin' tale. I was out of bullets, so he was lucky those chaps from 287th. showed up. They chased away any jerries that was left. Ah, I'm tellin' ya! The S.E 5 is a real treat to fly! Those swedes really knows how to make planes. What's that Dowly?.....oh, bugger off! And give me another beer Tom! I can't fly sober you know, then I might take this war seriously.....