Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-11-17, 02:10 PM   #4957
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
on set course. 9 kts. on the surface. normal stations.

i was taking screen shots every few minutes in order to capture game conditions before the CTD. once the ctd hits, the game graphics are gone (see below)

the loss of dials began with the LOAD of the saved game. i mentioned this feature in previous posts. i thought it was related to DirectX 9 not being installed but i guess i was wrong.

SH4 crashed and i see a message box informing me of the crash. box has a couple of options none of which include a recovery.

not yet. i guess that will be next change(s).

yes.
+

my face is red.

i was done-in by a faulty drag and drop.

at sometime previously, i must have accidentally dropped the Submarine subfolder from a previous MOD into the 3000 yd tool folder set. when you (or scurvy or robbin) suggested that i back out of the Kongo fix and the 3000 yd fix it got me to thinking...which is bad. so i did a bit a reconnoitering and found the errant folder.

so i deleted it and reapplied the mod. fired up SH4, loaded the save and...i was able to finish the mission. No CTD and No white-out dials.

my sincere apologies for the wasted fission-material that you-guys used up trying to figure out what this dumb-ass did to fubar a fine mod.

i did learn quite a bit from the exchange, though. i still need to figure out how to copy/paste graphics into the message stream. i'll work at it.

thank you for your patience.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote