View Single Post
Old 07-26-10, 07:44 PM   #193
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Where do I edit the starting position in the harbor for my u-boat?
/data/UPCDataGE/UPCampaignData/Flotilla.upc

You'll note two sets of starting postion. In harbor and out of harbor.

How to get those coordinates?
1.) Create a new map. Don't save anything yet.

2.) Somewhere under "File", click on the "merge option". DO NOT mark as saveable. Merge the Harbor traffic layer. In this case i think it's HT_GE.mis or HT_axis.mis or something like that. This is so you can see where the harbor traffic is, so you don't accidently place the player on top of a merchant ship.

3.) Do the exact same thing, (mergeing WITHOUT checking Mark as saveable), with the campaign.LOC file. This is so you can see where the harbor models are, so you don't accidenty place the player on top of the pier or otherwise do something like this.

4.) Somewhere in the editor their should be an option to "show terrain data" or something like this to get the harbor models to display on the map.

5.) Place a GE naval base at the EXACT location you want the sub to appear at. Give it a way point, and by right clicking on the base, select "head to waypoint", to get the heading you want the sub to face. Name this base somethign easy, like "TEMP"

6.) Save the file on your desktop as a LND layer.

7.) Open the file in Notepad, and search for your "TEMP" base. It should be the only entry in the file.

8.) Take the EXACT, lat, long and heading for that base, and copy that into your flotilla.upc file.

9.) profit
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote