View Single Post
Old 07-26-10, 04:02 PM   #4
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Thanks for the input. I downloaded it last night and played around with it for about an hour. (I should know better than getting a new, involved game at the start of a new work week).
Welcome aboard and thanks for your interest. Hope you enjoy the game. BTW, new guy buys the drinks

Quote:
No opinion yet. The ship auto fires and you pick the target? Manuvering was kind of a pain, but I didn't know what I was doing, as I just jumped into the game. Is there some sort of official tutorial?
If you look in the START/Storm Eagle Studios/Jutland folder, you'll find shortcuts for tutorials, FAQs, and the full game manual.

The actual computing of fire control solutions, laying the guns for range and deflection, etc., is done by the units themselves. You just pick the targets if desired, or you can also leave the choice to your crewmen. However, you do have to give the initial order to open fire.

Maneuvering isn't the interface's strongest point, I admit. However, you'll soon get used to it. The battle tutorial I wrote (should be the 1st shortcut in the START menu) should explain it pretty well if I do say so myself.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote