Old 08-31-16, 12:27 PM   #7
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Ah ! Another thing : i use wings 3D. Do you know how to move automatically a 3D object by setting the position of one of its vertex ? I would like to move the corner to the origin (i mean where X=0, Y=0, Z=0) for each resized frame of the flag. It's very boring to do that manually for 25 models ...
The easiest way to do it is:
- import all the animation frames in a single Wings 3D project;
- switch to "body selection mode" (red cube on the top of the screen) and select all the meshes by dragging the mouse with the left button pressed;
- right click and choose "scale uniform" from the contextual menu, by using either the middle ore the right mouse button;
- switch to "vertex selection mode" and choose the vertex you want your meshes to be scaled from;
- once done, right click to confirm;
- press the Tab button on your keyboard to switch to "numeric entry" mode, enter your desired scaling factor (as percent: 100 = equal size), and press the "Ok" button or Enter to confirm;
- select the animation frames one by one (if needed, you can hide/show any frame individually by using the "Geometry Graph"), and save each of them with their original name, using the "export selected" command from the "file" menu.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote