View Single Post
Old 04-07-08, 07:22 AM   #38
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

I actually think that modding is in great shape. Having played SH4 since 1.0, I have seen a real spirit of cooperation amongst modders all in the spirit of making the experience a better one. As well, some of the modders have be tweaking the game from the very beginning, quite an accomplishment given the fact that there have been patches to 1.4 and an add on. If anything we should be giving them all medals rather than asking them to do even more.

Thus if the above is happening, then those of us using the mods should
do our part by:

- Reading documentation that comes with the mod. This in itself would make many folks very happy. If one researched some of the older threads\posts, you would find they could have been avoided by simply looking at the mod read-me.
- Researching the mod's thread a bit to find out about compatibility
with other mods, etc.
- Using the search option. I can handle newer players not doing this, but when
folks who know better post something like " I would search for this but I am to lazy, or I did not want to read the thread ( even parts of it ) ". Many answers for existing questions are in older threads.
- Folks starting new threads with questions rather than posting that question in the original thread.
- Asking questions in away that people will respond to.

I don't mod ( except for a few unofficial tweaks, and a little mod I released at Christmas ) but SH4 would have been shelved long before this if not for the great work here done by modders. I don't expect them to do it all, in fact if they are doing there part then I will do mine by paying attention to what's going on in the modding scene and if I can, figure stuff out on my own. It's my way of giving back to a great, great community.

RDP

Back in the Day