View Single Post
Old 02-23-17, 08:22 AM   #14
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I've made the process for the removal of these windows updates a bit easier for anyone who wants to dive into the Microsnot update swamp.
To uninstall all the update crap, paste them into a text file and save it on your desktop, you can use that one as a backup, make another text file and rename it as wusa.cmd

I would advise you not to remove everything in one go as there could be issues uninstalling everything, we're talking Microsoft personnel here who are not the greatest programmers known to mankind.
Just copy about 6 at a time into the empty wusa.cmd, save it, then double click it and let it do its stuff.
You'll need to do a reboot each time you run it as you don't want to run into any uninstall problems that I've already mentioned.

Thanks for posting the information you did on post # 9, Moonlight. The information is very helpful. You said it when you coined the phrase " swamp " of updates. As Rockin Robbins said, Microsoft Is not talking regarding their updates and what they do. Hopefully, the work with Linux regarding various applications and games will bear fruit.

As Skybird said, Microsoft was working toward making it impossible for those who purchase new computers to be able to replace their OS systems due to interference from the UEFI replacing the bios.

Skybird has admitted he is not an expert and few of us are either. For someone who Isn't a computer expert, Skybird certainly knows a great deal about computers as do you Moonlight, Rockin Robbins and others here in the forums. Certainly more than the average computer user.

Hopefully, with information from all of you gentlemen, people will be able to sort through the quagmire of updates and OS systems and decide if they want to continue to use Microsoft systems. The more information people have, the more they will be able to make an intelligent and well informed decision.

Thanks again for the information Moonlight.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote