View Single Post
Old 02-22-17, 03:45 PM   #13
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Rumours, Robbins, whispers, opinions - but I read them and stumbled over them repeatedly, by chance. Woody asked readers about their experinces on this as well short time ago. Must be one article of the past 4 weeks, maybe.

Woody's is the only tech blog that I till read frequently now. All others ar enot only in German, but I just browse this or that one when I am bored. I have not many horses running anymore in Microsoft's race, and all people I maintain system for (parents, neighbours and some of their friends), I have by now convinced to allow me to switch them to Linux. And they all find the everyday use of their new old machines EASIER than before.

The nice thing is for me that I have MUCH less work with them, too. Just a fraction of the time that Microsoft machines need to maintain them with reasonable security levels.
Yes, the sense of freedom that I have with Linux is amazing. I read these Windows articles with a sense of detachment now because I don't have to worry about them.

Linux never forgets it's my computer. In Linux, an operating system is software that helps you run the programs on your machine. Period--the end. There are no gotchas. I can do what I want without worrying about what THEY want. It's peace of mind.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 02-22-17 at 04:28 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote