View Single Post
Old 11-25-15, 02:27 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default How to flunk seamanship 101: gravity is not 64 yr old's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRamius View Post
I hope your kidding
I'm in the Galley on the laptop as we speak...shop-vaccin' the rain-water outta the bilge and restorin' the teak table. At some of us 'talk the talk' ...and 'sail the sail'... I would say 'walk the walk' but I fell through the open sliding hatch two weeks ago (sober, I swear), hoisting a wind-driven mainsail; The (totally destroyed) galley table which broke my 6' 240lb fall and turned most of me purple left no bones broken (padded life jacket and thick-gauge plastic skullcap for boom-hits) after a trip to the hospital for x-ray'd lacerations, contusions. That's the CA Maritime Academy Golden Bear training ship(my nephew is enrolled) and Mare Island in the background (and occasionally use the marina's really big shopvac...for those really critical tasks.)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-06-22 at 02:34 AM. Reason: getting rid of "photo bucket " branded fotos
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote