View Single Post
Old 07-20-11, 04:54 PM   #7507
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

@Those guys who have problems with running NewUi mods (<throughout to desktop when loading to main menu>) v.6.5.x-6.6.x.

After many useless attempts to figure out the reason-error and to fix it I've solved this problem radically by saying "goodbye" to WinXP and installing Win7 Prof. Now everything works fine
So the problem was in my XP SP3 OS, which couldn't "accept" the 'boolean method' applied by TDW starting with NewUI v.6.5.x. in UserOptions.py section

May be this problem and some others (non-clickable icons, system-error reports, etc.) occured because my WinXP SP3 version was not updated for a couple of years (probably non-licenced system CD with automatically update malfuction).
So I can highly recommend the others fellows having the same problem with the mod first of all to try to install the latest WinXP updates. If this doesn't work - to follow my experience or, at least, to install Win7 as an optional OS without deleting WinXP (if U need the last too much)
Otherwise just use NewUI 6.4.0. (worked stable in my case), may be 6.5.0, but this should be the limit.

P.s. much appreciated to TDW for his help in investigating the problem and for mod-making
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote