View Single Post
Old 10-02-18, 12:05 PM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouPhrontis View Post
Currently I do not, but working on it. Once I've completed them; I will share.
I think you got pretty close with that font, though it is obviously not identical with the one used by the Kriegsmarine. On the other hand, the historical picture you have posted below is so sharp and clean that with little work we could rip the numbers directly from it. Not big enough for a 512 x 512 emblem, but in game a 256 x 256 picture should look just as well. I only wish we had more pictures like that for all the digits...

Quote:
I'll try to get them closer to the font seen in the photo, and unfortunately yep as I'd scan-read somewhere; none/very-few entered the war with the numbers displayed this way, though perhaps 'our' boats slipped past the net.

Yes that, or maybe one day we will have a Spanish Civil War campaign where U-numbers and bronze eagles on the conning towers would be historically correct

Quote:
I'm trying to reproduce some emblems described in various archives, too, so will share those. For example, one was of a torpedo bumping Churchill up the chuff.
If you tell me on which U-boat(s) it was used maybe I can help you: I have many unreleased U-boat emblems on my HD, custom-made and edited from pictures and drawings available on the web
gap is offline   Reply With Quote