View Single Post
Old 06-28-17, 03:00 AM   #15
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Just thought I would update on this....

Although I haven't started the suggested path of using git to see if I can trace exactly what "broke", I have managed to nail down some 'possible' fixes to this without too much work...

First, I went digging for any report of this before, apparently gnome desktop had a similar problem with something similar a few years ago... (I'm running KDE), and it was because the desktop manager was changing "focus" i.e. selecting other windows...

So I followed the basic advice and I set the "focus stealing prevention" to "extreme".
This had 2 effects, First and most noticeable, it prevents me from opening the application launcher (start menu for you "windows" types).

2nd, while it does not completely stop the flickering in SH4, it does reduce it some.
But most promising is it stops completely (I don't think it flickered at all) in SH3.

So I may, when I have some time, try the "preferred" method of debugging wine, but that will require some wading through dependencies for building from source with git....

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote