View Single Post
Old 08-12-17, 09:13 AM   #524
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
Patch 7 - (Screenshots 1 & 2) Splash very smooth - no stuttering . Origin of spray segments are very apparent from above, with straight edges.

patch 8a - (Screenshots 3 & 4)Better spray effect, but edges still apparent when spray reduces/dissolves

Patch 8b - (Screenshots 5 & 6) IMO the best. Spray impressive, and density,height better. No straight edges apparent from above
Okay, I will keep working on the effect using v 8b as base then

BTW: when referring to particles, you should specify if you are talking about the short ones that you always see when a splash effect is triggered, or the tall ones that you only see when waves are equal or higher than two meters.

Quote:
Would it be be possible to have the spray go higher and be more wind blown after spawning (depending on wind speed). At the moment I feel there is a certain lack of fury in the spray.
I have already tried making splash/spray particles more affected by the wind than they are now, but the effect was not good because it looked like the whole splash (not only the spray) moved too far away from the lighthouse base. What I can do is making a third particle type, simulating vapourized water, to spawn with a certain delay, and to move further away from the splash following wind's direction. What do you think? Should I add this particle to both particle generators, or only to the one used for the highest waves?

Quote:
If the idea is to add foam then reflections of the spray would not be needed. The more the sensation of wetness in rough stormy weather, the better
Quote:
I have attached a screenshot of Patch 8b in calmer conditions, and the reflection of the spray is apparent
Okay, as you have already noticed water reflections are already there, though they are not always very apparent, especially when sea conditions are very rough. In any case, dynamic foam effect is definitely in our to-do list

Quote:
I edited the mission to increase wind speed to 15 m/sec, and I also set cloud cover to heavy with no changes. Unless the clouds are blue there didn't seem to be any change in the sky - have you noticed this?
Quote:
Funny thing is I edited the mission and added precipitation. It now rains from a clear blue sky - but don't suppose this has anything to do with this work.
Honetsly I didn't mess too much with other mission parameters than wind speed, but as for many other "fixed" values in game, it is possible that the game code randomizes them
gap is offline   Reply With Quote