Thread: [REL] ai lookouts
View Single Post
Old 07-14-18, 06:40 AM   #5
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default Use of all the Acronyms

Hey Guys - I'm not totally immersed like some of you so forgive me for not knowing what ya'll are talking about with all the use of Acronyms. At least give us a list of what they all mean. It may well exist and I just can't find it. Like I said, I'm not totally immersed but can settle down with a laptop at 10pm and end up playing until 2am! I enjoy the game and lose my sense of time when I become Captain America.

That's my 1st comment, 2nd, I don't care to play on the German side so I don't want the mods that add the U Boat to SH4. But it looks like the mods I can figure out, are all related toward adding the U Boats and the Atlantic war zone.

Are there any mods that improve game play for those wishing to improve SH4 for the U.S. boats? Things like sonar and radar improvement (I'd like to be able to make a full Sonar attack without all the calculations. I'd like to see a Sonar system that identifies range and direction so I can approach without using my periscope. I used to do it with the original Silent Service II course it's been a long time since I played it so my memory may be failing me.

Lastly (I think), I have 2 CDs of SH4 as well as the Steam version. Is it safe to assume the Steam Version is the most up-to-date version? I haven't figured out how to check the version #'s for my CDs and I'm wondering if the Steam version is a direct equivalent to the CD version numbering system?

One more thing, (maybe more) are there any mods that allow the laying of mines? From what I've read and seen, the US Submarine service used mined extensively to funnel convoys toward traps and to deny them some areas. I know it would lower the amount of torps we could store but if an option if may be helpful to some of us.

OK, last thing for sure, it seems every convoy I come across has 4 or 5 DD's or DE's that circle the convoy making like very difficult for us poor sub captains. What's the best tactic to deal with these kinds of DD/DE tactics?
Ok, no more... (for now). ;-)

Thanks gang,
LarryT
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote