Old 05-02-18, 09:09 AM   #12
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusoftheSea View Post
Hi

I set SH3Cmdr.exe, the original SH3.exe and the SH3.exe that needs to be put into the V16B1 supplement mod folder to run as administrator and in compatibility mode for WinXP Service Pack 3.

First attempt at loading my save game resulted in a CTD when the red bar loading screen had finished. The second attempt went as far as flashing the "No So Long Ago" screen before CTD. Third attempt crashed while the red bar was filling up.

I disabled compatibility mode for the above mentioned .exe applications but left administrator "mode" on. This time my career would actually load but still getting CTD in the same area (AN54.) I did try starting a new career with compatibility mode and run as administrator turned on and it loaded up right away - though so did my current career so sadly that doesn't help. I'd need to sit down and rush towards AN54 to see if it still crashes or not. Got to be worth a try though. Thanks.

It does sound like we have the same setup (aside from mods) so was wondering if you'd be willing to share your mod list? If it works for you, it may work for me.

No worries. Thought I'd check first

I've never played any supermod/megamod aside from GWX 3.0 though maybe if I can't resolve my issue I can try LSH or NYGM. Would ideally fix my issue but if not, it's an option.

The CTD in AN54 in my original career was happening in the EXACT same spot when heading ENE from Hartlepool. When attempting to leave AN54 through any other direction, the CTD would still happen at roughly the same distance away. On my current career, I've saved in AN55 on the surface, in the command room with no contacts in sight. There is a bit of a storm (if that's relevant?)

I'll go through the mods that I renamed and compare them to the awesome archive Maik offers. If I can match them up, I'll be able to get the correct names
Perfect Tiberiusofthesea ...maybe you have add any ship?.. Probe open museum and watch.. If crash

Last edited by hauangua; 05-02-18 at 10:01 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote