View Single Post
Old 05-01-18, 07:00 PM   #8
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Hi TiberiusoftheSea,

Just a suggestion regarding CTD when loading saves. I run a similar install to you: disk version SH3, Win7 64bit, GWX 3.0, V16B1 kit with 4gb patch included plus a stack of other mods.

If you haven't already, as THEBERBSTER pointed out, run your SH3.exe as administrator and in compatability mode for WinXP Service Pack 3. I can't say whether these settings will fix your problem loading saves, but they worked wonders for me and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Once applied, I went from about a 20% failure rate of loading saves to zero. Since then I've probably loaded about 75-100 saves in succession without any glitches (touch wood). As an additional bonus, I can completly disregard the 50km rules (often save near ships sunk or ships closeby, convoys, whilst under attack, near land etc) and will very often save whilst submerged, all with no problems on loading. When I save, I always do it at TCx1 and with map view (F5). I do still obey the rule with regards to changing mods whilst in mid-patrol.

Good posts and I hope you fix your problem.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote