View Single Post
Old 11-13-17, 12:21 AM   #54
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I had to re-do my game after my first encounters with the Improved Torpedo mod, mark bonamer. Hard CTD, and had to use Task Manager to "kill" the process. You may well have mod soup now also. The game like that is not to be trusted. First, try deleting your Save folder, remove the Improved Torpedo mod, and play the game. See what happens. If that doesn't work, delete the Save folder again, and then re-install the game, and when you do the mod, leave out those Improved Torpedo mods.

I've been noodling with it all night, and while I know it's easy to do, I am perplexed. I tried all three of Webster's Improved Torpedo mods over in FotRSU, and they all work, when using an S18 or an S42 boat. No probs. Tried them in Stock. No issue.

So I had been in the process of taking the other mods out of the All-In-One GFO, one at a time and trying the Torp mod. Same issue. CTD. I'm down to trying to remove the Sonar View next, and then try the torp mod, but I'm giving up for the night. Stay away from the Improved Torpedo Mod in THEBERBSTER's GFO, unless you ~know~ you won't use an "S" boat. btw, those "misses" of mine earlier? They did go under the ship. I Saved a Replay on one of the ones I just did, and it's like the magnetic pistol doesn't work, and the torps went like a foot or two below the keel, never triggered. The ones that did register impact, would CTD the game. Is there something in the Improved Deck Gun mod, with its zon file?...
so, the root cause seems to be mk10's from s-boat's, eh? very interesting. i am going to bed also. i had a rotten day.

as i am past the CTD for the moment i'm still trying to figure out the Mk14 loadout on the s-boat. i may may just edit the savefile.upc and shove off on the next mission.

i hope you have a pleasant night.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote