View Single Post
Old 04-08-19, 06:53 AM   #469
Leoz
Ensign

Downloads: 253
Uploads: 0

OK... my plan...

Using the program "Inkscape", I will create a 900x900 pixel image and put the grid on that shows pixel position.

I will create the reticule's in that, convert to bitmap (TGA) (rework a bit in GIMP) and test some of them.

I will then post some of them for people to use as they see fit.

My ideas.

Option 1:
Attack scope, older vertical mils in 20mil increments like what you see in the attack scope of Das Boot (movie assumption of U-96) and the actual, official propaganda video of the U-48 (a VIIb).

The Observation scope will be like a C9 (no whizwheels, stadimeters nothing) as seen in that propaganda film (hey one of the older B model VII boats upgraded to '41 'ish optics by late '41) as well as seen in a variety of Kaleun's using their C9 scope (Topp) and others.

Option 2:
Attack and Observation scope much like Hitman GUI (same reticule for both scopes), again nothing but that, no wheels or stadimeters)

Option 3:
Early war boats? Maybe something similar to Option 1 for the attack scope and the Observation scope is like the very old Ujag mod. Which assumed a multi-eye piece early war scope.
Example: Remember SHIII can't really simulate a multi-optic scope well but UJag gave the flavour of it. One eyepiece for stadimeter, One eyepiece for coloured graphic, one eye piece for normal view.

My assumptions (opinions) no attack scope will have AOB wheels as I have not been able to find any photos that showed them that way.

However, I am only going to create the reticules so what anyone does with them is fine if they want to create an AOB wheel to match.

All, 1.5x and 6x zoom.

Again, my personal goals are to make mils match as the example given in the previous post: a 25 meter tall object at 50mils and 6x should be 2000 meters away.

I will also post range charts (Original made by Hitman for Height) here is my redo of an original German chart for guessing by width:

(The ol' C2 medium cargo (about 140m long) looking at it from 90AOB
at 10 marks of width on the scope is about 810 meters away at 1.5x
and 3240 meters away at 6x)

Much of my motivation is Hitman himself and also this website:

http://www.tvre.org/en/aiming-with-the-periscope

Last but not least of course, it is only a game and to have fun.

"Auf gefechtsstationen!"

NYGM

Last edited by Leoz; 04-08-19 at 07:17 AM.
Leoz is offline   Reply With Quote