View Single Post
Old 07-28-09, 11:19 AM   #26
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Downloads: 323
Uploads: 0
Default BETA FEEDBACK REPORT: [REL]Mikhayls Playable S-boot 1.7 for GWX 3.0

Mikhayl: many thanks for your reply -- especially the helpful targetting info you posted on making torpedo runs -- terrific stuff. Just sank BB Warspite with two torps at 2800 meters (at night) off the SW coast of Ireland -- an incredibly lucky kill, I know (I must have hit one of the gun magazines...dejavu HMS Hood, anyone?) so I will adjust my tactical SOP accordingly for more consistent tonnage. Looking forward to v2.0 of the Beta!

Another question: do the 1.7 playable s-boot skins change with each new upgrade? I assume I should not apply any of the skins modded for GWX 2.1 that are posted at BTS -- correct?

LK: also many thanks for your reply -- re: hull pressure death -- no, I'm not using any OLC mods except "improved searchlight beams". Is there another recommended OLC mod that I can use in GWX 3.0 for playable s-boot? Anyway, I'll take a look at the wave option info in SH3 Cmdr and reduce accordingly -- I think this will save me from aborting many future missions in bad weather and forcing to RTB....damn Kanal weather.

Regarding boot emblems - I have virtually no experience with modding, but I did some research and found that 4th Flotilla s-boots used the "stalking Black Panther" emblem -- so I'll tinker with something in the template via Asanovic's instructions and post it in the workshop forum if it comes out OK.

Re: Patrol grids -- so do I leave the default setting at zero? I actually set coordinates myself before last patrol -- no problems (as far as I know and got credit credit in the mission log for reaching / completing my patrol). Would it be logical to assume that I'll get renown for this if I enable the new GWX "renown replacement" mod?

"You may fire when ready, Gridley." --Commodore George Dewey
Easy_Eight65 is offline   Reply With Quote