View Single Post
Old 09-09-15, 03:27 PM   #243
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGrognard View Post
Perhaps one thing to try is changing the mem max value from 45000 to a higher value (perhap it sometimes runs out of memory)???
Perhaps another thing is to raise the net max value to a higher value (perhaps it needs more network bandwidth sometimes)???
At the moment it's exactly what i'm looking at !

I also discovered that the OSI application is in fact the pack of files downloaded by UPlay when first launching the game... i deleted the OSI folder and verified that all files are downloaded again if the game is launched and UPlay is online... on the other hand if the browser is offline the game will stop working at the campaign start with a generic internet connection problem...

The first thing i've tried (and it didn't bring any result) is changing the netmax parameter (a bigger value). The application crashed demanding a valid parameter, however i have not tried the 0 value, let's do it ! Next step will point to the other parameters as you advised...

Regarding Ubisoft ... you're absolutely right about this, everyone should ask explanations and activate a support ticket as to bring attention to this issue. I'll do it again in a more detailed manner, addressing the problem to the UPlay browser this time !

EDIT : A little update... tried changing the paramaters values (the "0" theory seems correct !). No crashes or new problems but the OSI behaviour seems the same. To be honest this evening the percentage of games running correctly is higher but i doubt it depends from those changes, it's all so chaotic that a true stat isn't really possible to be made... anyway, i also forwarded again the issue to Ubisoft with more details and all my logs and statistics... let's wait an answer, finger crossed !

Last edited by MaMa; 09-09-15 at 04:55 PM.
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote