View Single Post
Old 03-07-08, 11:15 AM   #5
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

The only reason I merged the campaign is that without it, I don't know where to put the ships because there is no dock. First time out the Yamato was sitting in the parkin lot. I was going to dock them just in case someone got there quicker than expected and decided to go in and check it out. I want to leave enough time in case someone runs into a destroyer and have to sneak by at 1/3, silent running etc. But if someone else were to play it and went flank, surfaced all the way then that may create a problem with things working the way they should. Another reason was so that I could put them there at the beginning of the mission so the campaign wouldn't put a ship where I am putting it.
Edit: Just remembered where I found it, it is a sticky "Place names and Harbors...." but I did not click saveable so the dock shows in game but not when I reload the mission into the editor.
As for the 20Km, I am not sure whether I read miles of Km, so you're probably right but either way I was farther away than that. But from what I read they will not spawn if you are closer than 20km because the game doesn't want this popping up out of nowhere. I'm not saying what I read was true, but that was the way it was explained. I just went in and tested by putting my sub in the harbor where I can see the docks and the ships did not appear, that's why I couldn't check it to find out why they weren't coming out of the harbor. But without my sub in the harbor, it worked last night after your info about the date, and I don't even know what I did that changed it. I just checked all my dates and they were fine and bingo the date in the editor changed. Glad you mentioned it because I have an older sony CRT and it won't go any bigger that 1024x768. I even have to hide the task bar and lift the properties window and I can just barely click the accept button.
I suppose it's possible that he ship appeared after they got 20km away from me, I will try to make them slow down with "change speed at waypoint to like 1Knot and go catch them to see if they really exist. After all I know where they are going.

Another odd thing is I did not get any contact warning when they approached. Very odd this editor. Looks like it will be quite a challange.
Now, I need to create waypoint all the way to a destination? What happens if I don't "delete at last waypoint" but have it end in the middle of the ocean, do they just wander around or keep going straight until the run into something?

I guess I bothered you enough, thanks for the help!!!

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 03-07-08 at 11:27 AM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote