View Single Post
Old 03-06-08, 05:17 PM   #2
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
I would like to thank Ubi for having a help button that says "Silent Hunter 4 Mission Editor" that helped a lot!
Odd, when I read that part, I immediately thought 'Ah yes, that's what I need to do. I need to check the filter date.'

Only joking, the help is as good as the manual.

The problem you are seeing in the Battle off Samar is by default when you start the mission editor, it sets the filter start date (just below the help menu) to January 1938. At that time, most of the battlegroups do not exist (if they were for example first built in 1943), so the mission editor ignores them. Set the filter start date to the year and month of your mission and then play it. You should see now that everything moves.

I'm not sure, as I don't know the specifics of your mission, but I'd guesstimate that your mission is using units that don't appear for a year or two - if you run at 16,000x speed for a minute or two, then it will rack up the years until the unit does exist as it's been built and will then start moving. Just to the right of the time acceleration, it shows the date the mission editor is simultaing at the moment.

Hope this helps. If not, feel free to PM me, or send me the mission file and I'll have a look.
Nisgeis is offline   Reply With Quote