View Single Post
Old 01-10-11, 03:32 AM   #5
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

Quote:
P.S. There is a shooting test in the menu. Do it, and do it rpeatedly. The score you get detemrines the overall IQ of your AI buddies. Practice gunnery there with a Leopard model (easier than the Abrams), and try to bring your score to a 100% mark sooner or later.
In Steel Beasts Legacy, I scored a 91 out of 100 in the Abrams, but I was on fire that day and I had an easy time of it for some odd reason.

Quote:
Tip for beginners: after you spend the first one or two days trying all the different vehicles for curiosity what they look like, start to focus on just one tank, preferably a Leopard-2A5 or higher (they offer better situational awareness for the TC than the Abrams), and then stay with that one for a long time to come.
I will probably latch onto a Leopard. My mainstay is gunnery, I'm not a great commander yet, but in SB 1, I was much more adept with the Abrams PGS, when I lased the target it automatically compensated for lead and range IN THE SIGHT ITSELF, where the reticule moved around, I got a sense of actually doing something, instead of the Leopard (2A4, I think it was) which had fixed sights, and I had to hold down the middle mouse (no joystick here yet) in order to add the Dynamic Lead and I had a harder time with targets.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote