View Single Post
Old 11-22-07, 03:55 PM   #12
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
The ship above is the reason I ask if the torps are running lower then set. Has the mod created this? I set the torps as shallow as they would go. I used two at contact and two at influence. The torps were still to deep. If the mod created this then awesome. Just like it was in the beginning. Some say SH4 needs some pucker factor. This little bugger does this! I got my teeth rattled out from the DC.
Sorry- forgot to answer that question. The answer is yes. The torpedoes are set to have the possibility of running too deep/shallow or circle. The severity of the problem also differs depending on the model of the torpedo used. This was part of Beery's mods to RFB. Won't always happen and when it does, the amount the depth varies also changes.

So, if you wanted some pucker factor, you got it. This will increase more if LukeFF's additional sensor changes he wants to do after 1.4 work like he's thinking.

And you were right about this being the kickoff for RFB. So many people were asking about using it with ROW, I shifted priorities to try and get this out the door in time for the long weekend. Stand alone should be out tonight or tomorrow.

Like Ducimus and many others, and on the advice of you, LukeFF, CCIP, LeoV, Ducimus, and others I haven't pushed trying to get major work done because of the impending patch. This gives me more time to dig into how things work, and try things on the side.

For example, I tried moving the fr_ratio back slightly. It semed to give better pitching effects, but there was an unexpected side effect. It threw off the deck gun sighting when zoomend by about half the width of the "scope". So, I'll have to revisit that one a little later.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10

Last edited by swdw; 11-22-07 at 04:08 PM.