View Single Post
Old 03-12-19, 08:57 PM   #31
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

I was thinking when I last posted in this thread. The accuracy of a watch is usually central to the watch type people choose in conjunction with the cost. I have friends I meet up with if we all get together to drive to a sports venue, like Hockey. I tend to arrive 10-15 minutes before our appointed meeting time only to discover they had the same Idea and are already there. I use my watch to time my trip and plan ahead as they do.

With regards to watch accuracy, I assume we all have cell phones. The cell phones are completely accurate and can also be set up to time things with a flip of a screen. If you are a diver, involved in military operations or things that require precision, there is a definite need for a certified chronograph time piece / watch.

For others, watches are little more than jewelry. I think we all have watches that we only use for good or social occasions.There's nothing wrong with that either. I guess the point I'm making is that the accuracy of wrist watches in the face of modern contrivances like cell phones, may not be as important as it once was, for the average person.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote