View Single Post
Old 12-07-12, 06:13 AM   #15
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I indeed base on the impression the game left with me four years ago. *

I would check the Graviteam links - if they would function. But at my end of the wire I only get "server-ends-connection" messages. It has been like that since a long time, and with both Explorer and Opera. I once tried it from the system of my parents sitting on the other side of the town, maybe two, or one and a half year ago, after having gotten an angry email by somebody complaining that I did not mention FS when somebody asked for actual tank titles. But I got the same result.

If, as Frinik indicates, modders indeed have adressed not only cosmetic stuff, but indeed were able to massively improve the AI, maybe also improved pathfinding and some other issues, then this indeed would be nice, of course, and worth to be mentioned.

* First impressions score. That's why I think it is both silly and presumptous when publishers rush out half-finished games. Latest example has been Carrier Command. If you check their - to make things worse: overmoderated - forums, then you can see that the title is floating dead in the water and many people have abandoned it already. From that messed up start, it will never completely return, even if they show up with miracle patches turning it into a star in half a year or one year or so. The most interest is there at release. Mess up the release, and the title most likely will float in a niche only - even when it starts to deliver later.