View Single Post
Old 03-20-18, 04:13 PM   #4529
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I take it then that you've Saved and exited the game, then re-entered the game and reloaded that Save, mark bonamer? When using the 3000 yd bearing tool, you almost ~have~ to use LAA. If you haven't done that, do so. What kind of "Crash Dive" sound do you get with Pacific Sound Mod (I don't remember)? Can you get "The Sound" to rear its ugly head, as it did in FotRSU (0:46 seconds of this vid)?

That used to come about from doing TC over 32x and then later Crash Diving, and was actually the last milisecond of the crash dive sound that got "stuck" in the audio que. There were other little issues that went with that...
to answer your questions:
  • yes, i ended the game, exited sh4, restarted sh4 and loaded the previous saved game.
  • the game is running with LAA enabled.
  • the crash dive sound is a double aah-ooga and the typical emergency dive commands being heard.
  • The Sound (ting-ting-ting) does not occur.
  • i tried your suggestion of crash diving and returning to the surface. that did not resolve the cannot-comply problem.

allow me to describe the situation in more detail:
  • running 1.5 from CDROM. LAA enabled.
  • the list of mods is attached to my signature.
  • the career began in 1941 at Pearl with a porpoise-boat (i think). had several upgrades of boats prior to assignment of a balao in early 1943. at the conclusion of my 18th patrol (mid-1944), my balao-class boat went through a mandatory refit at my home port of Midway Island. i have not discovered all of the changes yet. some of the changes that i have noticed are: paint job, change of AA weapons, change of deck gun, need to select both radar sets, opportunity to select upgraded hydrophone.
  • no changes were made to any of the mods nor were there changes to the mod list. (steaming as before)
  • began 19th patrol. immediately began with cannot-comply to EOT commands.
  • tried the call-to-battle-stations fix. did not fix problem.
  • tried the dive-and-resurface fix. did not fix the problem.
  • tried the re-load the game prior to the refit. stayed out until august 1, 1944 before ending the patrol. went through the mandatory refit described above. shoved off on 19th patrol and experienced the same cannot-comply issue.
i hope this helps.

mb
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]

1 TMOwTw 2.50
1a wTw 2.50 Max Optics with Crosshair
1b wTw 2.50 Stock Sub Underwater Marker
1c U.S. Medals Fix II_TMOWTW
2 Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
3 Eye Patch for TMO v1.7
4_Bigger Better Protractors
5 Convoy Routes TMO 2.0