View Single Post
Old 05-31-11, 02:29 AM   #9
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 211
Uploads: 0

Hi chaps,

Thanks for your kind comments, I hope, as Sailor Steve mentioned, there's something in there for everybody. I am planning to continue my work on my modding projects as there's still things that I'd like to accomplish but first I'm taking that much needed rest from modding to rest up. Unfortunatly something has happened to my Maya settings even though I've deleted the config folder and reset things. I just cannot get any satisfactory results lightmapping anything, I've checked and triple checked that everything is set to Flakmonkey's tutorial settings but it just doesn't come out right so unfortunately the new externals of the Type 7c1 without spray deflector/engine grills are not (re)-lightmapped although the turm interior still has a lightmap. I did have the scopes and UZO rotation working as intended but I changed something and overwrote files and when I returned to the work a few days ago I just couldn't replicate what I did so it's just the UZO that model that rotates to match the bearing and this will still rotate to the scopes' bearing although one doesn't use scopes on the surface so this really isn't an issue. Regarding the Type 7c41, I checked and it's the hull file that's appreciably different from the type 7b/c hulls and therefore the Type 7c1 Super Turms turm options should work just fine and the Type 7c41 is already included in the crew on deck feature so AFAIK there's nothing more immediately required for this boat.

Speaking of the crew on deck feature, the new type 9b and 9c hulls with repositioned deck gun and/or new deck railings also support the crew on deck feature, they can be used without activating this feature but Super Turms v6 MUST be installed first if you want to use the crew on deck feature. The reason for wishing to include Damo's Type 7 interior lighting settings, apart from the fact that I really love the effect, is that they are now integrated with my objects (UZO, new MG-34s etc.) inside the conning tower and Urfisch's splendid water drops and fire/smoke damage effects. Please note that this mod requires FM 's New Interiors mod and Luca's Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood mod be activated first and in that order, see my current mods list in my first posting. When I was working on the new engine grills for the Type 9c1 turm I produced two variations, one with two grills and one with three grills. I released the two grill version previously and decided to also include the three grill version in the new Super Turms so that you have more options.

Regarding the mod install order IIRC then the only really critical things are that the Super Turms v6 mod is activated BEFORE any of my optional mods, MaGui 3.4/Widescreen MaGui v3.4 (if used) is activated AFTER Super Turms v6 and that my appropriate MaGUI v3.4 add-on is activated LAST after MaGui v3.4 and any of my mods. Please note that the MaGui version supported is v3.4 and NOT MaGuiF.

NOTE: If you are using my stand-alone Crew on Deck mod (not required if Super Turms v5.1 or later is activated) then please, if required, activate "Aces' Repositioned 105 mm Gun on Types 9b and 9c plus New Type 9b Deck Railings" mod AFTER my stand-alone C-O-D mod.

Kind regards

Aces

Last edited by Aces; 05-31-11 at 04:20 AM.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote