View Single Post
Old 11-08-05, 06:24 PM   #17
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider_sp
The OSCAR has diagonal tubes for its shipwrecks missiles, so I guess it can launch all at once. There ainĀ“t no reload time.
There is no reload time, but 24 missiles, all fired at once, would create a huge amount of interference between the missiles on launch and during flight (just think of 24 two ton objects shooting 50 meters up through the water and accelerating to Mach 2.0). And they are radar guided after all, and if they all showed up on each other's radar, well you can imagine what would happen.

Also, with all respect, I spent a lot of time getting this far... do you have any ideas how to make it work better? :hmm: It is my opinion, that they are working the way they should now.

In addition, it is doubtful that a human-linked contact will be sufficient, you will most likely need to have an AI linking platform, due to the inherent game-engine differences between AI-link and human-link, but I have yet to test this thoroughly... like other aspects of game behavior, it probably will depend on the situation. Also, since it is probably best to have all of the Oscars and the linking airplatforms on different sides, your link information will not be shared with them.