View Single Post
Old 07-01-10, 08:53 AM   #231
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Since you are running 32 bit operating system like me you'll just have to wait till you get a 64 bit system to be able to run all the latest mods together, Melnibonian like many are running 64 bit and have no memory issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
With XP + SP3 expanding memory to 4gb will only ever use 3gb, and editing the boot.ini and patching the sh3.exe file will help run SH3 with a couple of extra mods but causes problems with other windows applications (programs and games), I tried it and not worth all the messing around IMO!
Your quite right Reece...since the recent introduction of a few large sized mods, when enabled in addition to a multitude of earlier smaller mods it now looks like SH3 has reached the limit of its capabilities on 32 bit systems.

Players are now faced with one of two choices:

1. Prioritise what mods are most important and continue playing with your preffered but slightly limited choice on the 32 bit system.

2. Upgrade to 64 bit system and continue as before.

Hobsons choice I suspect because many will not be able to upgrade for a variety of reasons.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote