View Single Post
Old 03-04-12, 12:36 PM   #16
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joea View Post
So long MSFS 1998-2000-2002 (my versions) hello Xplane.

I wonder if it's worth it to get FSX or 2004 now?
Yes - for only the PMDG 737NGX alone (FSX). Beside that I still maintain a fully modded FS9 installation as well, since I have so plenty of scenery for it.

But the PMDG737, if you are into complex things. It is incredible, awesome, unbelievable, what they acchieved with that one.

I read some comment some days ago that PMDG indeed works on something for X-Plane. But it did not say which title, they have several ones. But that also means: it could be the 737NGX.

It'S a shame that FS9 and FSX, especially the latter, were planned by a blokehead not seeing what was coming in those years already regarding multi-CPU-cores, and that they always made the same mistake - to rely heavily on the CPU and ignoring the graphics board. Just now the hardware for FSX, to run it on full settings, has come out, but the sim cannot fully use it (gfx boards, multi-cores). Also, memory limitations for FS9 are a handicap.

But so be it: PMDG 737NGX. That is the one title after which you will not touch any other airliner again. I do not claim that I have mastered it, but I love it. It is brilliant and the most realistic and most complex, indepth system-simulation I ever have used.