View Single Post
Old 06-08-15, 07:49 PM   #55
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crannogman View Post
I've been working on the terrain file to make the coral atolls more ... atoll-esque. Truk had already been done, so I started with Midway and plan to do Palau and the Marshall-Gilberts next. I'm simultaneously revising the RSRDC routes to not run aground so much. Are you interested in incorporating the end result?
Yes.

If you've looked at RSRDC's Truk Island ship route terminal ending, you'll see many times they end outside the coral reef's. The trouble is trying to navigate the few "gateways" between the reef to enter the harbor without running aground; or running into another AI ship that's either coming in, or going out the same passage. If you've already looked at Truk and fiddled with the waypoints/reef obstacles, then I won't need to do them......or any other you chose to look at. Thanks!

Looking at a couple of Campaign ship routes.....here's what I mean:

The ship route the mouse cursor is pointing to MAY not run aground as it passes the nearby island mass. The same route further along.......I don't think so! Lucky it's near the terminal end of this merchants route

Same with the Task Force that's making a route through the Jap Islands in early 1943.......not going to make it plowing through this smaller island.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 06-08-15 at 07:54 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote