Old 03-05-10, 10:29 AM   #77
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
@Oberon

I think you are the last person here who should complain about wrong markings.

BTW we aren't going to make a swordfish campaign, are we?
I mean that thing doesn't even have proper physics......so that wouldn't be much fun IMHO.
Well, it worked didn't it? A bit dishonorable though, so if I had made it back to Akagi I probably would have been beheaded anyway

I think the Swordfish physics aren't too bad, although she doesn't stall particularly easy, which is admittedly a fault of the FM and is something that is found a lot in the new flyables, buuuuut, the Stringbag was quite maneuverable if you knew how to, I recall reading about a Swordfish pilot trying to evade a group of Stukas and virtually standing the aircraft on its tail and sliding sideways whilst the Stukas overshot.
Besides, if we want to ramp up the difficulty a bit we could put in the realistic torpedo and bomb operations mod so that we have to release at the right distance and right height for the torpedoes to have enough arming time. Furthermore, from what I've heard about the mission from Raptor, there's a good chance that our Stringbags will be scattered across the landscape before we even reach the target because of Archie.
So don't count on an easy victory just yet
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote