View Single Post
Old 10-01-07, 01:24 PM   #31
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

WWII Fighters (CFS 3):
UK: Got to go with the Spitfire 9C Basta. Those 20mm cannons rock at turning Bf 109s in to flaming wrecks. Manuverablity and a big puch just what is needed in a WWII fighter aircraft, and one of the reasons I dislike the P-47 (no manuverablity) and P-51 (No punch).
US: P-38 while it lacks manuverablity (see above) its got a cannon, the .50 cal only armorment on other US aircraft lack the punch to take an enemy plane down except for the 8 on the P-47 but that lacks manuverablity and is just a gloryfied ground attack plane.
Germany: Bf 110, big nasty and heavly armed. The rear machine gun gives attacking fighters something to think about.

WWII Bombers:
When going medium I got to go with the B-26, its well armed compared to the B-25 and most UK built planes. Going heavy the B-17, the ball turret has the most fantasic view!

Modern Fighters (Janes, Flanker etc)
Hard to pick but I guess I would have to go with the Su-27 Flanker. The combonation of speed, lots of missiles and rough field capablity is just hard to top.

Modern Bombers:
A-6 Intruder: Can fly in anything and can carry not just a big bomb load but just about every A/G weapon aviable. Close behind is the A-4 Skyhawk because of the manuverablity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
I also have a bit of a thing for the MiG-29, probably because it was one of the first planes I kinda knew about back in the late 80s due to a NES game called "MiG-29: Soviet Fighter."
Oh I loved MiG-29 Soviet Fighter! Close combat where it whent to top down view was always my favorite. That and refueling.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote