View Single Post
Old 03-11-09, 03:11 AM   #57
tomagabriel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 3

@Zuber321

I am glad that worked out well. The credit for the solution goes to Zel (he is not a member of the subsim community - I hope he will join us soon). I just passed along his solution to you.

@Everybody

On the request of many people here, new foam and wake effects. I guess it looks much better (still a WIP, but much better), wouldn't you agree?

So Thyro, thanks for the screens yesterday, it quickly cleared out what you meant.

Further on. Enough changes have been made to this mod since the previous release to justify the release of another version. Among major changes there are:
- improved ADCAP torpedo capabilities; it is now based on the German type XI passive acoustic torpedo (also increased speed to 50 knots); - people not having U-Boot missions might no longer be able to run this mod, therefore my advice is to upgrade their installation to 1.5 or wait for version 1 of the mod that I will try to release also for SH4 without U-Boot missions (that version will however miss some features so go and upgrade SH4!)
-added an unguided anti ship cruise missile (very crude simulation of the real stuff, because it is still WIP, but good for port attacks or to finish still floating ships from afar) - based on Tomahawk
-greatly improved water foam/splashes effects around and on the ship
-added an extendable radar mast (no more radars sticking out of the conning tower);
-modded the radar to be universal (detects both air and sea contacts - no need to have two radar antennas anymore - credits to Anvart for his extendable SD antenna mod - I used the knowledge there)

Ok, the new version is not yet released so don't ask where to donload. It will be out in something like a week. Wait for announcements here.

tomagabriel is offline   Reply With Quote