View Single Post
Old 08-28-12, 05:02 AM   #4226
Crazychip
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I had an incident the other day that I found rather funny.
I have been playing SH4 for a few weeks now and up until recently with absolutely no realism. So a week ago I decided to start getting more real and decided to start with manual targeting. Watched the videos, read the guides and went on patrol. Had a few misses and some good hits, but overall a nice tonnage. Then I found the Dick O'Kane method..... Jaw-On-Floor.

I read up on the method and excited I went back out on patrol. Found a nice big merchant, did the math lined up 90deg and got 10k tonnage easily. Sweet.. I was super excited with the success I had gotten. So I am cruising along on the surface in the twilight hours when suddenly... Radar contact.
A Task force bearing almost 90deg into my course. I had yet to attempt an attack on this kind of target, and was a bit hesitant to try. Pumped up from my previous kill I decided to go for it. Not much of a course correction was necessary and soon I was waiting at periscope depth directly in their path. I knew from the radar contact that their was at least four aircraft carriers and I had chooses the first one. I was watching the sound contacts for the leading destroyer..... it passed me. I was not detected.. I could feel the adrenalin. This would be the firs time I tried for such a big target. "Up Attack Periscope" Looking down bearing 345. The carrier came into view, merely 900 meters ahead. "Fire tube 1", ...tube 2, 3, 4 ,5 ,6. Leave nothing to chance here.

Torpedo Impact!
2, 3, 4
Destroyed!

Wait, what did you just say?
Friendly Unit Destroyed....
*Facepalm*

Lessons to be learned from this always look at the flag....
Crazychip is offline   Reply With Quote