View Single Post
Old 05-24-20, 05:42 AM   #2
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Hi XenoSurf,

in SH5 and SHIV you can find a list of all the stock ship types in data\Roster\Names.cfg. The same file also contains all the ship classes and their menu names and this information should be updated every time a new unit is added to the game.

If a megamod / ship mod causes any stock mission to crash, three pre-requisites must be checked.
  • All the ship classes called in that mission must be in the sea folder, they must be named with the exact same class ID names as in the mis file, and they must be available in the roster of the nation(s) specified in that file. If a mod removes one of the stock ships from the game, renames its ID name (the menu name is not relevant) or removes it from the roster of one nation, it will cause the game to crash if a mission calling for the same ship class is launched.

• Ship classes are assigned to national rosters through cfg files in the Roster folder, where their availability for each nation are marked as game entry/exit dates. I am not 100% sure about what I am going to say, but if a mission with a certain date calls a ship of a given nation, but the mission date is outside the window of availability of that ship class for the specified nation, the mission might crash the game on loading, or the called ship might not spawn in game.

• For any given ship class, there must be an exact match in its unit Type, as stated in sea folder's .cfg file, roster ship .cfg file and mission file. If a mod changes the unit type of a ship, and that ship is required by one of the stock missions, the game will crash before the mission ends loading.

In my text above I talked about ships, but the same applies to any unit category (Sea, Submarine, Air or Land). I hope that helps
gap is offline   Reply With Quote