Old 01-22-21, 08:09 AM   #10
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ thanks

Very bad that pilots and some passengers died in this accident, and one more historic aircraft gone.

So you saw this very plane "live"
I envy you, it sure is an iconic and technically interesting plane .
A shame that there are so few flying events in Germany lately. And I am not much interested in the later cold war planes, also nice but..
The T6 Texan trainer is a regular guest at flying events though, but no bigger WW2 planes; sometimes a Zero, a Dauntless, a Mustang, largest one usually being the Ju 52/3m. Not much german planes left of course, and no bombers at all.
I helped (or better "was present" ahem) while restoring a Mercedes D.IIIa engine from WW1, fascinating. When this Corona thing is over we will be visiting some WW1 planes and flying events, but hard to plan right now.

All the best,
Kai

The people lost were certainly irreplaceable, to be sure. That's what makes the aircraft loss even worse.

Your planned trip trip sounds awesome, Kai. I always wanted to see a Focke-Wulf 190, Messerschmitt Bf-109 and of course the Messerschmitt Me-262 along with the Supermarine Spitfire. To see all of those would be a great day, especially to see them in flight.

I know there are aircraft builders who make reproductions of these iconic aircraft.

I thought you and our other members might enjoy this video. After the video, links to other iconic reproduction aircraft come up.

~ Enjoy~

Cheers Kai.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-22-21 at 08:19 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote