View Single Post
Old 07-18-17, 11:01 PM   #5024
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitaCatalunya View Post
Thanks a lot RP, Do I just extract the rar and put it in the MODS folder? It only worked when I created a new folder and I put the "data" folder into it...
Yes that's what you do. By "Extracting" the compressed Fotrs Ultimate mod and directing it to your "MODS" folder that's been created by JSGME in your "main" Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific game folder, you will have the mod correctly added to your system. You'll still need to "Activate" it within JSGME to have the files added to the game.

Depending on which Operating System your computer uses, there are things you should be aware of when adding mods to your game. Windows in most versions since Windows XP has gotten "particular" to changes made to files like a game. It's very important to know where to place your "main" game files when you install them, so you can work with them later as a player will if he plans to modify his game. Please read the thread Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install, to better understand where you should install your game, and what to do to keep it running smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitaCatalunya View Post
When I give the orders to crash dive on the Narwhal the crew immediately goes deeper than the 90 meters test deep of the submarine (lost a few subs that way due to decompression, does that mean that should always give the depth manually??

I'm kind of paranoid I somewhat managed to install the mod wrong...
In Fotrs Ultimate, use the "D" key to dive to whatever depth you feel comfortable with....just know there's a "point of no return" in depth! Using the "A" key will level out the boat at your desired depth, if you haven't gone too far.

Use the "D+Ctrl" keys to "Crash Dive" to a limited depth in "Emergency" fashion. In a Narwhal that's approximately 158ft:

Once you arrive at the "Crash Dive" depth it will level off, you'll have no problem maintaining that depth until you either surface or go to another depth of your choice, as long as your sub is intact.

May I suggest you print the Fotrs Ultimate Quick Reference Cards......"SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" and "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Back.jpg", to keep the Keyboard Commands for reference. You'll find them in the Windows "Main" SH4 game folder.

Be aware, if you've had hull damage (notice the Hull damage figure on the "Damage Management" screen....upper left corner), you are risking your sub by diving deeper than normal. The Hull Damage figure starts at 000....no damage; reaching 100, you've lost your sub to hull damage. If your Hull Damage is stated at 075.....by no means risk a deep dive with the sub!! You're asking for trouble to go deep and have already sustained damage.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 07-19-17 at 06:35 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote