Thread: Night Moves
View Single Post
Old 02-18-11, 10:41 AM   #1
crackaces
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Night Moves

Not the song from Bob Segar .. but taking the time to adjust your task force deployment as the sun goes down. I had not really thought of this but the odds of running into something close is really high and if your fleet is dispersed the problems are many.

So while on the campaign map when the dark hours begin I right click my fleets, select task force, and adjust those little bubbles closer. On larger fleets I adjust a destroyer flotilla or two to cover areas that during the day offer no threat but at night could be a disaster.

Not doing so cost me the Von Der Tann for 3 months now

The game itself is well thought out. I can understand the desire for First Person Shooter perspective, but as an old AH Jutland and Cordite & Steel fan (Yes 1970's era games) The stratigic, operational, and yes tatical decisions provide a way different experience. Should I try and blockade the south or meet the Grand Fleet in a final dual? What time should my ships leave port? Do I want a night battle or a day battle? Should I leave my lightly damaged ships in port or should they join the frey? How should I postion my task forces to snare my prey? and yes .. given the time what direction should my forces enter the battle .. Lots of things that no FPS game I have played takes into account. Yes repositioning my task forces into "night mode" and "Day mode" as the situation develops.
crackaces is offline   Reply With Quote