View Single Post
Old 03-21-07, 03:32 PM   #22
Psyon
A-ganger

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane
I have no idea, but no the game is installing. It was like my computer took a vacation for 45 minutes. Probably knew that it was going to get tested with SH 4 for many days to come. Thank you. All fixed, I think.
i am glad you got it working.

the story below is for those rare times when you just cannot find the problem when your cd is not reading and your computer says "please insert disk" when you know damm well there is a cd in there

this used to happen to me all the time, i would just buy another cd-rom since they are a dime a dozen now-a-days.

untill my boys' playstation stop reading any disks one day and they both started searching for a fix. they found out that there is an adjustment inside the cd reader that raises and/or lowers the laser doohickey:hmm: the kids took the most scratched up game cd they could find and kept adjusting it till it read it. from then on, that playstaion reads everything short of a all the way through cracked disk

i had them go at my two old cd drives that could not read the broad side of a barn. sure enough both work fine now...
Psyon is offline   Reply With Quote